Thursday 2 September 2010

Taster Session Scouting report: 2/9/10

Don't tell anyone, but I've been doing some spying. So if you find this blog has been left unattended for a period of over a week please take the opportunity to check any sports holdalls or backpacks you have lying around to see if there are any of my body parts in them.

Tonight I attended the final Dodgeball UK taster session at T47 under the guise of someone who had volunteered to host a Dodgeball themed hen party on Saturday! To keep up the conceit I will be hosting the most 'talented' players for a post Dodgeball drink. I hope you all appreciate the sacrifices I'm making for the Dodgers.

Oh boy did I receive a harsh wake up call for the Dodger's title aspirations when I witnessed a couple of the teams who will be out competitors next season. The reality dawned when one player through a ball so hard against the wall of the court that it took some of the paint off.

Say this quietly, but I think there's going to be a couple of ultra competitive and super fit Australian and Kiwi based teams terrorising the Dodgeball courts. I'm scared.

The AD's are all about the fun of the game but sweet baby jesus I'd love the dodgers to knotch up a win against these guys. Take a look out for one of the league's newest characterswho will be stealthily pacing the technical areas of a Dodgeball court near you wearing a sharp suit and salon coiffured hair. It looks like Dodgeball has found its own Jose Mourinho.

I kid you not, one of the teams turned up with a coach who shouted tactics at his team and harangued the referee every time he missed a key decision. I'm already planning to get involved in a media spat with him as we play mind games at squeaky bum time.

On the plus side a team called the Jammie Dodgers has joined the league and seem even more dis-organised than us. So I think we might stay off the bottom of the league. Fingers crossed.


Steve checks out the opposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment