Saturday 21 August 2010

'The Awful Dodgers' putting the Awe into Aw(e)ful! - Taster session report‏

Well, Wow Dodgers, what can I say?

An amazingly good time was had by all in the AD's inaugural outing at the Dodgeball UK taster sessions.

I lost count of how many games we won. All I know is that we didn't lose or draw any!
A very well rounded performance from all squad members bodes well for the upcoming pursuit of the league title.

Honourable mentions go to:
Jason: who individually sealed the AD's first victory and will therefore go down forever in AD history.
Vi: Winner of the 'last player standing' at the end of the evening and earning the Campari Cup!
Rob: Runner-Up in Last Player standing (so therefore, by default, the 'Last man standing'.)
A big up to Tristan and John for some mean throwing and dainty dodging.
A huge welcome to Kayla our newest recruit.

And as for me. Well the huge yellow streak that runs through the Barrett genetic make-up actually proved to be useful in Dodgeball. As I cowered at the back of the court crying like a weak girlie jelly. The opposition teams gradually self-imploded. Leaving me on court as an important ball gatherer during the vital end game.
I sure can dodge, but I really need to work on my 'unheld hosepipe' of a throwing arm.

Next time it gets competitive!

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment